A Sikh guy at work...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MunkyHeed

Striker
...just sneezed and I instinctively said 'bless you' to him. He's a top bloke, so I'm sure he wasn't bothered, but what's the culturally perspicacious SMB's opinion on this? Was I in the wrong? Should I have thought before speaking? Does it not matter?

...just sneezed and I instinctively said 'bless you' to him. He's a top bloke, so I'm sure he wasn't bothered, but what's the culturally perspicacious SMB's opinion on this? Was I in the wrong? Should I have thought before speaking? Does it not matter?
Did you just say "bless you" or did you say "Catholic blessings upon you, you heathen, perhaps now you may see the light and embrace the love of our Lord saviour, Jesus Christ"? Because if it was just the first one, I'm sure you'll be fine.

Don't all religions refer to "blessings" of one kind or another? I'd have thought that saying "bless you" to someone of any religion would be met with thanks/approval?

Did you just say "bless you" or did you say "Catholic blessings upon you, you heathen, perhaps now you may see the light and embrace the love of our Lord saviour, Jesus Christ"? Because if it was just the first one, I'm sure you'll be fine.
Fuck. :(

You just performed an exorcism of demons and evil spirits that were causing his sneezes. Yes, you should have thought and yes, he'll be pissed. Sikhs carry blades and this one will cut you...sorry'n'all.

I know it's petty but I fuckin hate it when people bless me when I sneeze. Don't even know why but it just annoys the shit out of me, just let me sneeze without thinking I need blessed.

That'll be the demons reacting to the exorcism.
Possibly but it's just annoying. Then there's the added pressure of having to thank them for annoying you. An enjoyable experience of a sneeze can turn into an absolute nightmare.

Possibly but it's just annoying. Then there's the added pressure of having to thank them for annoying you. An enjoyable experience of a sneeze can turn into an absolute nightmare.

I pray that you'll be relieved of such burdens in the future.....

You're welcome!!

I know it's petty but I fuckin hate it when people bless me when I sneeze. Don't even know why but it just annoys the shit out of me, just let me sneeze without thinking I need blessed.
It's just common manners you heathen!

Next time I'll not bother while you are wiping your snotty nose along your sleeve!!!!

I usually go for gesundheit in such situations.

When I do it I like to shout 'get out ya ****' or follow up with a 'ya bastard'. Especially when the vicar is round for tea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back