A Moment Of True Skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PISTON

Striker
Near the halfway line. Ball pulled down out of the air. A few touches, feints and changes of direction and a simple pass to a team mate.

It won't get coverage like the goals, missed chances or controversial incidents but it was a moment of true skill. It was the type of thing you'd pay your money and gladly wait 89 minutes for Dimitar Berbatov or Frank Worthington to do.

The perpetrator of this magic moment? Steven Fletcher.

seems to have a belief in himself again and full of confidence , i think for the first time this season we will go into a game full of confidence

Near the halfway line. Ball pulled down out of the air. A few touches, feints and changes of direction and a simple pass to a team mate.

It won't get coverage like the goals, missed chances or controversial incidents but it was a moment of true skill. It was the type of thing you'd pay your money and gladly wait 89 minutes for Dimitar Berbatov or Frank Worthington to do.

He's nee Jack Colback though

At the time I was saying to my two older generations 'that was unbelievable, pure quality is fletcher' and I just got odd looks :lol:

For once @PISTON I think I love you!

absolutely spot on, didnt even get a mention, he was superb yesterday, well done Fletch

My man of the match yesterday like. Thought he was superb. Took the sting out of the game first 15 when they were coming at us strong with his hold up play and lay offs. Class act.

I watched that again...you are right it was a wonderful bit of skill. 3 nufc players around him as well iirc. He made them look very ordinary

At the time I was saying to my two older generations 'that was unbelievable, pure quality is fletcher' and I just got odd looks :lol:

It was the type of thing that Ki did occasionally only in the air.
Fletcher had the ball so under control and close to his body he always had multiple options. Because of this the defenders had to stay honest.
They were waiting for the slightest miss control to make their move but it never came.

It was a great piece of skill. I hope it doesn't get lost in the memories of a derby win.

In front of the dugouts? Aye it was superb, not a smidge on MOTD, what a surprise :rolleyes:

Fletcher had the ball so under control and close to his body he always had multiple options. Because of this the defenders had to stay honest.
They were waiting for the slightest miss control to make their move but it never came.

It was a great piece of skill. I hope it doesn't get lost in the memories of a derby win.

Exactly, the kind of thing Johnson can do when he isn't trying to beat himself on the byline, the ball was so close to him the defenders couldn't get anywhere near and we were always gonna keep the ball. Imagine Wickham or Jozy trying that and it shows how important Fletcher is.

All due respect to Gomez, but I was thinking how that game would have gone with a CM of Catts, Larsoon and Ki.
Ki really does have the eye for the early through ball ( as does Gomez on many occasions ) but he does it with more intensity/speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back