A mint article for the positive ones amongst us...

Status
Not open for further replies.

That is so f***ing bleak. We haven't got a chance of staying up, and I don't give a flying fuck if people call me a bedwetter, we are so poor at home it's embarrassing.

I know. Wish I knew what had changed in the club since the derby match - we looked great - think we were sitting 5th in the form table, we'd thumped Fulham 4-1 and Newcastle 3-0 then it's like a self destruct button was pushed and we were back to utter shite again.

I know. Wish I knew what had changed in the club since the derby match - we looked great - think we were sitting 5th in the form table, we'd thumped Fulham 4-1 and Newcastle 3-0 then it's like a self destruct button was pushed and we were back to utter shite again.

We have a really poor squad who once or twice this season have played well above their natural ability. Add to that the fact that they've completely lost their bottle, and it's quite obvious why we are deservedly second bottom, and heading for the Championship.

6 wins from 29 games in league

0 wins against teams in the bottom half in league

1 win since 1 feb v Southampton in the cup in all competitions

4 goals scored since the derby in all games

3 home wins in league all season

Only palace and Norwich have scored fewer goals - and both have beaten us this season

These aren't the stats of a team that's 'fighting' for safety and that believes it can stay up.

Thats why i posted that article. A few examples of clubs in worse positions that us that have escaped.

We have a really poor squad who once or twice this season have played well above their natural ability. Add to that the fact that they've completely lost their bottle, and it's quite obvious why we are deservedly second bottom, and heading for the Championship.

Last week they played Liverpool at Anfield, and were arguably unlucky not to come away with a point.
They`ve been unlucky with the distractions of all the Cup games, to some degree.
Anyway, they are where they are, and the really important things are `positive attitude` & confidence.
They must play a positive attacking game in all there remaining games, starting with the crucial fixture tomorrow against West Ham.
3 - 0 win would be great, but even a 1 - 0 win would at least get them moving forward.
They need to control midfield, create plenty of wing play down the lines, with good deliveries into the box. It doesnt matter how ugly the goals are, they must focus on creating those chances, and the law of percentages says that the attacking team should get the goals.
Good marking in mid field, good passing movement, and closing down the opposition when they have the ball, should keep them in the right frame to get a result.
Again, for those remaining away games, they must remain positive, keep playing with at least 2 front runners, and place there onus on scoring goals.
You cannot win football games unless you adopt this mentality.
Yes, Sunderland can do this. They must stay calm, not make any desparate tackles, etc...be patient, and keep believing.
And the fans must give there 100% support through these tough days. Poyet has worked hard and constructively with his squad, and deserves a few breaks.
They must show character, courage and determination...

Fuck off, you dull cunt.

It's a question of heart over mind. My comments quite clearly state I hope and think we can win every game.
SORRY TO BE RUDE JACKO BUT .............."PLEASE INSERT YOUR OWN DULL HALFWITTED COMMENT IN HERE................................................. "I WONT WASTE ANY MORE OF MY TIME ON HALF WITS LIKE YOURSELF![DOUBLEPOST=1396477425][/DOUBLEPOST]
"The worst kind of positivity is blind positivity. The sort of positivity that is blind to the positive action that is required'

There's a lot of that going on here.
im positive positivity isnt blind.....its the nature of being positive!

That about sums it up.

I'd rather they'd stayed shit the whole way through rather than giving out false hope with a good run of mid-season results.

The teasing bastards.

The easiest prediction to make is that we're down. It's a supposition that has no risk. The 'Told You So' brigade only know how to be negative, because that is their predetermined state of mind. It's safer.

For the rest of us that don't believe supporting our team until the bitter end is a waste of time, have a read of this. A great read and it really inspires some hope. Negative wankers, you need not comment, nee one is interested.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...s-from-premier-league-relegation-7675943.html

Supposition that has no risk? What is this? Economics?

As though all the people who now think we will be relegated have thought so from August? Total crap. Virtually everyone, other than Mags and WUMs, had hope in their hearts back in mid August - it was florishing. We hoped for the best. Then we had the PDC craziness, the botched new signings, the players revolt, one point from eight..that took some shine off…but come Gus we had our faith somewhat restored..then we went to a Final..but then again we messed things up.

To believe that supporters are just miserable fuckers with a predetermined state of mind is silly. If that is the case why follow any team or any sport? Pure misery "Oh I hate XXX they bastards always lose..that is why I spend time, money and emotional energy supporting them."

I support Sunderland no more or less than I did a week ago, a month ago, a year ago, ten years ago and 50 years ago. Support has nothing to do with winning or losing, though we enjoy the former more than the latter. However after that west ham game i do believe we will be relegated. Not that my opinion means squat to how we will perform for the next six weeks. However if we beat Spurs I will gladly climb back on the bandwagon. At the moment my head with somewhat limited knowledge says that is unlikely to happen. Am I negative wanker? Maybe. Though I feel pretty happy and wouldn't want to support anyone else.

There is no "bitter end". Relegation isn't. If you think it is then it is you that needs to grow some balls, not us negative wankers who simply look at out team as currently bereft of ideas and confidence and skill.

SORRY TO BE RUDE JACKO BUT .............."PLEASE INSERT YOUR OWN DULL HALFWITTED COMMENT IN HERE................................................. "I WONT WASTE ANY MORE OF MY TIME ON HALF WITS LIKE YOURSELF![DOUBLEPOST=1396477425][/DOUBLEPOST]
im positive positivity isnt blind.....its the nature of being positive!

:lol:

What a berk.

Now we may still go down, but all of the bell hats on here slagging those that chose to be more positive look daft now.

We have a chance, have keys had a chance. The worst of it is, people never learn.

Keys/always. Damn iPhones.

Now we may still go down, but all of the bell hats on here slagging those that chose to be more positive look daft now.

We have a chance, have keys had a chance. The worst of it is, people never learn.

Like I said I was young once :))

I bet you made a killing at the bookies on us beating Chelsea then

I bet you made a killing at the bookies on us beating Chelsea then

Still a boring f*ckwit I see? I don't really bet, apart from the occassional accumulator. Never ever bet on or against Sunderland. That okay with you like Soup Head?

Like I said I was young once :))

I've already been proven correct. Whether we go down or not is not the point. Football is a funny old game. Anything is possible. Form goes out the window. People can be doom and gloom all they want, my anger is towards those that choose to piss on other peoples hope and faith. DB being the absolute worst.

Didn't take any notice though, I see.

Still a boring f*ckwit I see? I don't really bet, apart from the occassional accumulator. Never ever bet on or against Sunderland. That okay with you like Soup Head?

I've already been proven correct. Whether we go down or not is not the point. Football is a funny old game. Anything is possible. Form goes out the window. People can be doom and gloom all they want, my anger is towards those that choose to piss on other peoples hope and faith. DB being the absolute worst.

Didn't take any notice though, I see.
Oh dear me. More abuse. Where was it you wanted to meet for a fight again? Heseldon was it ? f***ing clown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back