A mint article for the positive ones amongst us...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The easiest prediction to make is that we're down. It's a supposition that has no risk. The 'Told You So' brigade only know how to be negative, because that is their predetermined state of mind. It's safer.

For the rest of us that don't believe supporting our team until the bitter end is a waste of time, have a read of this. A great read and it really inspires some hope. Negative wankers, you need not comment, nee one is interested.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...s-from-premier-league-relegation-7675943.html

The easiest prediction to make is that we're down. It's a supposition that has no risk. The 'Told You So' brigade only know how to be negative, because that is their predetermined state of mind. It's safer.

For the rest of us that don't believe supporting our team until the bitter end is a waste of time, have a read of this. A great read and it really inspires some hope. Negative wankers, you need not comment, nee one is interested.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...s-from-premier-league-relegation-7675943.html
I hope you come back on here saying I told you so you negative prick.

I just can't see it pal. Not us

Your use of the words "brigade" and "wankers" was enough for me.

I don't share your optimistic opinion, but don't feel the need to pigeon-hole those who disagree with me.

Embarrassing stuff being posed on here atm. I'm what you'd call the most optimistic supporter, still am. I think we can win every game we play in, and still will till the end of the season. However, based upon the facts put in front of me, it is very likely we will be relegated. There's positivism and there's burying your head in the sand.

I was young once as well mate .

I'll not bother opening it up. As soon as you called some Sunderland supporters negative wankers, that was enough

I was so optimistic but now I'm f***ing not after reading that! :cry::cry::cry::cry:

nah, only kidding as no fucker knows what's going to happen as they'd hoy there f***ing life saving on it if they were so sure

those (or those thereabout) 'accepting' relegation already without believing we still have a chance to stay up are simply softening the blow if relegation does happen. This could be due to many disappoints in previous years wearing down the 'faith'

so let's just enjoy it as much as we can til it is finally over one way or another ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Your use of the words "brigade" and "wankers" was enough for me.

I don't share your optimistic opinion, but don't feel the need to pigeon-hole those who disagree with me.

Its not an opinion. Its a hope.[DOUBLEPOST=1396136179][/DOUBLEPOST]
I hope you come back on here saying I told you so you negative prick.

I just can't see it pal. Not us

Wow. Prick and pal in the space of 5 words, you teasing wordsmith you.[DOUBLEPOST=1396136228][/DOUBLEPOST]
I was young once as well mate .

33 years and 2 months, unfortunately.[DOUBLEPOST=1396136265][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'll not bother opening it up. As soon as you called some Sunderland supporters negative wankers, that was enough

Not enough to stop you posting, evidently.[DOUBLEPOST=1396136319][/DOUBLEPOST]
I was so optimistic but now I'm f***ing not after reading that! :cry::cry::cry::cry:

nah, only kidding as no fucker knows what's going to happen as they'd hoy there f***ing life saving on it if they were so sure

those (or those thereabout) 'accepting' relegation already without believing we still have a chance to stay up are simply softening the blow if relegation does happen. This could be due to many disappoints in previous years wearing down the 'faith'

so let's just enjoy it as much as we can til it is finally over one way or another ;)

To be fair, its the ones who are having a go at those that have any sibilance of hope, or desire to support the lads until the end.

Last edited:
Its not an opinion. Its a hope.[DOUBLEPOST=1396136179][/DOUBLEPOST]

Wow. Prick and pal in the space of 5 words, you teasing wordsmith you.[DOUBLEPOST=1396136228][/DOUBLEPOST]

33 years and 2 months, unfortunately.[DOUBLEPOST=1396136265][/DOUBLEPOST]

Not enough to stop you posting, evidently.
13 long barron seasons filled with false hope and lies ahead of yer pal...like I said I admire your youthful enthusiasm

13 long barron seasons filled with false hope and lies ahead of yer pal...like I said I admire your youthful enthusiasm

Im not saying we'll stay up mate. My comments are solely aimed at those not allowing others to have a bit of hope, rather than those that simply think were down.[DOUBLEPOST=1396136786][/DOUBLEPOST]
you misread it ;), he wanted you to come back and call him the prick after we stay up ;) :lol:

My mistake. He's still a teasing little wordsworth.

To be fair, its the ones who are having a go at those that have any sibilance of hope, or desire to support the lads until the end.

sometimes on here, it seems the doom mongers want others to believe they are more of a SAFC fan as they are more willing to accept relegation earlier. I get the feeling it's more they want to supress the shit feelings that come with relegation as accepting it now means it won't hurt as much when it is all over

yet if they were more positive right up until the last 'sensible' moment which is still a a little way away yet then the emotional swing will obviously be greater. By 'sensible' moment, I mean needing something like 4 points from the last 3 games or summit and not up to the mathematically impossible scenario that we need 3 wins in 3 games and get another +10 goal GD

it certainly isn't over yet and even a draw on Monday isn't the end as we can still beat WBA and Cardiff at home and be still in it if we match all their other results with our remaining games ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I
Im not saying we'll stay up mate. My comments are solely aimed at those not allowing others to have a bit of hope, rather than those that simply think were down.[DOUBLEPOST=1396136786][/DOUBLEPOST]

My mistake. He's still a teasing little wordsworth.
I know mate and I'm not having a go at you....it's just that to be honest I'm not bothered if Safc get relegated now as I will still attend the same number of games next year...Im speaking from a selfish personal point of view that yet again I will not get to follow Safc in Europe..
Apart from mags game and a few others Im a bit bored with the stale premiership....life's about change and sampling different things...something sadly lacking in modern football.

All this daft bed wetter and happy clapper shit. We are Sunderland fans and some minutes we are up and some are down. But we keep the faith. In the end we care. The rest is just a roller coaster of emotions. That we feel them is no justification for some cheap insult.

All this daft bed wetter and happy clapper shit. We are Sunderland fans and some minutes we are up and some are down. But we keep the faith. In the end we care. The rest is just a roller coaster of emotions. That we feel them is no justification for some cheap insult.

That one word mate; faith. If people have lost theirs, that is up to them, but I'm seeing more and more of them rallying against people who choose to retain some hope, albeit in the face of knowing it is highly unlikely. It has been done before, several times.

That one word mate; faith. If people have lost theirs, that is up to them, but I'm seeing more and more of them rallying against people who choose to retain some hope, albeit in the face of knowing it is highly unlikely. It has been done before, several times.
If we come out battling against West Ham I will be a believer. Haven't seen enough of that this season but that is not to say it can't happen.

One thing. We won't boo if we win. What a bunch of stuck up shits those Hammers are

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back