17yrs ago today we sold Bridges to Leeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brilliant player until his injury. One of the most naturally gifted players I can remember playing for us. Well other than Kevin Kyle

It was, he got MOM. I've got an unopened bottle of bells whisky in the house that he received after the game.
I can't remember what I presented him, I was in the box and remember it was in the bar after. I'll of been about 13/14. He probably had another presentation in the other corporate suite.

I have been told on several occasions I look like michael bridges.
I had to convince someone I wasn't when pissed in a pizza shop about 5 years back.

If Quinn was out Dichio got his shirt, Phillips had to be out for Bridges to get a start

The game he retired Steve Bruce was canny.

4-2 iirc
Im afraid not. Saw Q & D upfront together more than once. THAT was one of the reasons he wanted away.

And there he is on tv tonight here in Oz with Thomas Sorensen before the Juventus v Melbourne match, good publicity for SAFC....well, sort of.

Played five a side at Belmont comp that day, was gutted. If not for that injury he could have had a class career.
I was on a school trip to Paris and rang home from a payphone to my mam, I heard my dad in the background saying ''tell him Bridges has signed for Leeds''

We must be similar age, in our prime marra ;)

Sheffield Utd away when we won 4-0 98 I think, he scored 2 & Quinn scored 2, missed a penna Bridges for his hat trick I think.
My 1st proper away day where beer was involved :lol:
Absolutely plastered!

If Quinn was out Dichio got his shirt, Phillips had to be out for Bridges to get a start

The game he retired Steve Bruce was canny.

4-2 iirc

Thought it was 4-0? Quin twice and Bridges twice. I could be completely wrong like.

Scoring that beauty v Everton away ( league cup ? )

Was that a long clearance from Sorenson which Bridges took down expertly before finishing the chance without the ball touching the floor? Seem to remember it very vividly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back