17yrs ago today we sold Bridges to Leeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Littlerobbieh

Brilliant footballer who would have played for England had it not been for injuries. What's everyone's favourite memories about his time here ? I can imagine retiring Steve Bruce will be high on most people's lists.

Played five a side at Belmont comp that day, was gutted. If not for that injury he could have had a class career.
He was out for two seasons with that injury and sadly he never got back to the form he had. A cruel blow and just shows that as a footballer even if you have a gift it can all come to a studden halt.

Huddersfield game for me.

I still can't believe Dichio often played ahead of him :confused:

Huddersfield game for me too.

Took my little boy, Ross, to that game when he was only three. He got fed up and I had to leave early with him. When I left it was SAFC 1 Huddersfield 2. As I made my way back to the car there were two great roars. Final score SAFC 3 Huddersfield 2. Two late goals by substitute Michael Bridges.

Ross is now 24 and a season ticket holder. Although he remembers nothing about it he so pleased I took him to Roker as not many of his mates have been to Roker. Also took him to the opening game at SOL (with his younger brother who was only 1 at the time)

Huddersfield game for me.

I still can't believe Dichio often played ahead of him :confused:
If Quinn was out Dichio got his shirt, Phillips had to be out for Bridges to get a start

The game he retired Steve Bruce was canny.

4-2 iirc

Brilliant footballer who would have played for England had it not been for injuries. What's everyone's favourite memories about his time here ? I can imagine retiring Steve Bruce will be high on most people's lists.
I remember the back end of the 99 season when he couldn't get in the starting eleven, every time he came off the bench he put an exhibition of skill on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back