Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol::lol::lol: Nice to see our non-rivals continuing to not give a toss!

Wigan entered the football league in 1978 and have had 8 seasons in the top tier.

Boro have had 60 seasons in the top tier :lol:

It could of been any club from the top 2-3 leagues and the thread would of been as big !

Only on here and the mags sites. Looking around other clubs message boards these are the only two places where people talk so much bo11oks and think they should get some sort of trophy for attendances. Never hear fans from the big clubs go on about gates?

At home to Arsenal 1st May 2006 - 44,ooo
At home to Fulham 4 days later - 28,000

A loss of 16,000.

Sorry

Jesus how can you compare, we had gone 1 week short of not winning a HOME GAME FOR A YEAR ! ....theres no comparison !!!

Wigan entered the football league in 1978 and have had 8 seasons in the top tier.

Boro have had 60 seasons in the top tier :lol:

Yet when you compare honours, you're almost identical. You've both won one major trophy in your entire history, played in europe and have been to a couple of cup finals in the last 20 year. You also have a similar level of home support (going by the average attendance for the last few year). In fairness, you're away support this season has been much better.

The difference is that Wigan fans don't have delusions of grandeur about how relatively successful or well supported they are. ;)

I work down Boro so can't help having an interest in how you lot are getting on!

Yet when you compare honours, you're almost identical. You've both won one major trophy in your entire history, played in europe and have been to a couple of cup finals in the last 20 year. You also have a similar level of home support (going by the average attendance for the last few year). In fairness, you're away support this season has been much better.

The difference is that Wigan fans don't have delusions of grandeur about how relatively successful or well supported they are. ;)

I work down Boro so can't help having an interest in how you lot are getting on!
We're smoggy marra

Only on here and the mags sites. Looking around other clubs message boards these are the only two places where people talk so much bo11oks and think they should get some sort of trophy for attendances. Never hear fans from the big clubs go on about gates?

At home to Arsenal 1st May 2006 - 44,ooo
At home to Fulham 4 days later - 28,000

A loss of 16,000.

Sorry :oops:
Understandable as it's the only thing both clubs have to boast about. If any other club got 40 or 50 k after winning nothing for 40+ years they'd bang on about it.

You just can't help putting your little digs in can you? Nobody thinks we are a big club, we are a well supported club despite winning fuck all for over 40 years. It obviously pains you to give credit where credit is due, it shows you for the bitter arsehole you are.

Not "putting little digs in" , just pointing out that your fans DO tend to use your good crowds (see , there's a bit of credit) as a stick to beat other clubs and their fans with , almost like you're looking down on them.
Of course i'd like to see us play in a full stadium week in week out , but at the end of the day what really matters to me is that we play decent stuff and the players stick together (unlike a few seasons ago).

Not "putting little digs in" , just pointing out that your fans DO tend to use your good crowds (see , there's a bit of credit) as a stick to beat other clubs and their fans with , almost like you're looking down on them.
Of course i'd like to see us play in a full stadium week in week out , but at the end of the day what really matters to me is that we play decent stuff and the players stick together (unlike a few seasons ago).
Let's not forget why these attendance threads started shall we, if my memory serves me correctly it was because Boro fans were slagging off what I would describe as very good support from Sunderland fans. Our support is the one thing we can be proud of and I'm sure even the most bitter Boro fan will admit our support is head and shoulders above what you manage, I would go as far to say real fans of your club would say your crowds are extremely poor for one sitting pretty in the league and looking for promotion.

Let's not forget why these attendance threads started shall we, if my memory serves me correctly it was because Boro fans were slagging off what I would describe as very good support from Sunderland fans. Our support is the one thing we can be proud of and I'm sure even the most bitter Boro fan will admit our support is head and shoulders above what you manage, I would go as far to say real fans of your club would say your crowds are extremely poor for one sitting pretty in the league and looking for promotion.
And you say i can't help having a dig !!

Not gonna go into the why's and where-fors (that doesn't look right) of our lower crowds (it's been done to death) , but obviously i can't (and have no inclination to) argue with the bolded bit.

Not gonna go into the why's and where-fors (that doesn't look right) of our lower crowds (it's been done to death) , but obviously i can't (and have no inclination to) argue with the bolded bit.
It is difficult to argue with facts at times, sometimes you just need to nod and accept them.

I can understand why SAFC and the Mags bang on about the gates at the Boro. Its because our gates are poor for a team chasing promotion and its the only thing they can realistically have a go at us for.
That's because in the last 20 years we have been to more major Cup Finals than both of them added together .
We have won a trophy in that time when between them they haven't won a domestic trophy in 101 years.
Would you prefer 40,000 a game at the SOL and win nothing season after season as per usual. Or 25,000 and see them win a trophy.
I would love our gates to be higher but I would much rather see us win a trophy. Those are memories that stay with you forever rather than do you remember the day we had 34,000 in the stadium.
Another cocknut, just piss off and take that twat from Seaham with you, f***ing sick of arseholes spouting shite.

You obviously haven't read the thread about them slagging our support off, that's a poor crowd for a club like Boro who could've went top of their league. They managed 35k on Boxing Day.

If was a similar attendance but they counted at the turnstiles not the heads

:lol:
We've been to a European final ffs. Did Wigan get out of the groups?
Wigan's away support has always been non-existent, ours has always been good. When we're doing well, we sell out away.

Wigan's away support has always been non-existent, ours has always been good. When we're doing well, we sell out away.
To be fair middlesbrough are renowned for having poor support home and away. Generally accepted by everyone.

I did say a slightly superior version of Wigan! You may have got further than them but at the end of the day, you both have the same silverware to show for your European exploits.

Proper small club mentality on here

Pretend not to be bothered about boro but do nout but talk about their crowds and how shit they are

Reality is theyd most likely beat us if we played anytime soon
Any opportunity to have a dig at ourselves ....... Prick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back