Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe , maybe not.
The league leaders are on that list .
Wolves , Norwich and Ipswich are all doing ok too.
But , as the list suggests , most of the other sides on there are in larger cities/towns than Boro .

Still dont understand why the majority of your fans seem obsessed with attendance figures.
The only thing you can grab on to
while trying to kid yourselves that you're a "big club" perhaps??

It is basically the one thing we have had to be proud of. Can't blame you for defending your fans, but surely you can't be happy when your most succesfful team for years plays in front of 16k or less on almost every occasion this season.

Maybe , maybe not.
The league leaders are on that list .
Wolves , Norwich and Ipswich are all doing ok too.
But , as the list suggests , most of the other sides on there are in larger cities/towns than Boro .

Still dont understand why the majority of your fans seem obsessed with attendance figures.
The only thing you can grab on to while trying to kid yourselves that you're a "big club" perhaps??
You just can't help putting your little digs in can you? Nobody thinks we are a big club, we are a well supported club despite winning fuck all for over 40 years. It obviously pains you to give credit where credit is due, it shows you for the bitter arsehole you are.

2nd in the league, 30k capacity, 16.5k crowds *snigger*

what was our capacity in 95/6 Jardine - purely for comparative purposes? Take your time.....
Pretty sure was about 22,500 in prem league following year and think it was reduced due to safety for that so possibly about 24k which I don't recall ever selling out as I paid on gate at every home home that season.
Why are crowds such a big deal to people? Really don't understand it.

I think the whole point of this thread is boros 16 500 gate against Bolton comes after a gate of 25 500 against leeds and could of gone top in both games...there's no way we would of lost 7k fans in a few short days !!

Pretty sure was about 22,500 in prem league following year and think it was reduced due to safety for that so possibly about 24k which I don't recall ever selling out as I paid on gate at every home home that season.
Why are crowds such a big deal to people? Really don't understand it.

Only on here and the mags sites. Looking around other clubs message boards these are the only two places where people talk so much bo11oks and think they should get some sort of trophy for attendances. Never hear fans from the big clubs go on about gates?

I think the whole point of this thread is boros 16 500 gate against Bolton comes after a gate of 25 500 against leeds and could of gone top in both games...there's no way we would of lost 7k fans in a few short days !!

At home to Arsenal 1st May 2006 - 44,ooo
At home to Fulham 4 days later - 28,000

A loss of 16,000.

Sorry :oops:

Last edited:
I can understand why SAFC and the Mags bang on about the gates at the Boro. Its because our gates are poor for a team chasing promotion and its the only thing they can realistically have a go at us for.
That's because in the last 20 years we have been to more major Cup Finals than both of them added together .
We have won a trophy in that time when between them they haven't won a domestic trophy in 101 years.
Would you prefer 40,000 a game at the SOL and win nothing season after season as per usual. Or 25,000 and see them win a trophy.
I would love our gates to be higher but I would much rather see us win a trophy. Those are memories that stay with you forever rather than do you remember the day we had 34,000 in the stadium.

I can understand why SAFC and the Mags bang on about the gates at the Boro. Its because our gates are poor for a team chasing promotion and its the only thing they can realistically have a go at us for.
That's because in the last 20 years we have been to more major Cup Finals than both of them added together .
We have won a trophy in that time when between them they haven't won a domestic trophy in 101 years.
Would you prefer 40,000 a game at the SOL and win nothing season after season as per usual. Or 25,000 and see them win a trophy.
I would love our gates to be higher but I would much rather see us win a trophy. Those are memories that stay with you forever rather than do you remember the day we had 34,000 in the stadium.
Smell me hoop man and fuck off to a Leeds forum or some other of your Yorkshire rivals

I'm sure you'll get a few with that poor effort.:oops:

Your memory must be poor if you struggle to remember the day you had 34k.

Only on here and the mags sites. Looking around other clubs message boards these are the only two places where people talk so much bo11oks and think they should get some sort of trophy for attendances. Never hear fans from the big clubs go on about gates?

A loss of 16,000.

Christ on a fuckin bike, are you seriously comparing a League attendance to a FA Cup game against lower league opposition, is there any lengths you won't go to?

A loss of 16,000.

Ignore my previous post, I didn't read your post properly, that'll teach me to be a fuckin idiot! Apologies.

What is it with some of our fans on here, defending Boro and highlighting crowds we used to get 18 or more years ago?!. 16000 is a shit turnout for a club pushing for promotion.

What is it with some of our fans on here, defending Boro and highlighting crowds we used to get 18 or more years ago?!. 16000 is a shit turnout for a club pushing for promotion.
So we are ok living in the past when it comes to titles over 100 year ago but not attendances 18 year ago!
Nice to see we aren't operating any double standards here! :lol:

So we are ok living in the past when it comes to titles over 100 year ago but not attendances 18 year ago!
Nice to see we aren't operating any double standards here! :lol:

The thread was started as a reply to the boro lot who criticise our crowds, I did not think for one minute I would have to defend our crowds with our own f***ing fans!!.
Truth is I couldn't care really, its only SAFC that matters.

Suppose we could highlight the fact your league cup win is the only trophy of note you've won in your entire history..? You seem keen to talk about history, but only as far as 20 year ago. Funny that. ;)

You boys are essentially a slighty superior version of Wigan.

The thread was started as a reply to the boro lot who criticise our crowds, I did not think for one minute I would have to defend our crowds with our own f***ing fans!!.
Truth is I couldn't care really, its only SAFC that matters.
I've been on here just over a year and we have had countless pops at boros crowds. As well as villa, Stoke etc etc etc.
Their little dig is hardly an unprovoked assault merely tit for tat.
I personally just couldn't care less about attendances. Completely pointless thing to get concerned with to be honest.
For the record I'm not defending Boro or having a go at ourselves just pointing out that we have been in a similar situation to boro and got pretty similar crowds.
On the whole we will get more than them though just as the mags will get more than us.
Proves nothing really.

:lol::lol::lol: Nice to see our non-rivals continuing to not give a toss!

Suppose we could highlight the fact your league cup win is the only trophy of note you've won in your entire history..? You seem keen to talk about history, but only as far as 20 year ago. Funny that. ;)

You boys are essentially a slighty superior version of Wigan.
Wigan entered the football league in 1978 and have had 8 seasons in the top tier.

Boro have had 60 seasons in the top tier :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back