Re: McDonald's Fillet-o-Fish
fromn their fan club...
Filet-O-Fish Fans Unite!!
This group is for those of us that recoginze and appreciate the undisputed AWESOMENESS of the Filet-O-Fish sandwich from McDonald's.
The Filet-O-Fish contains a battered fish patty made mostly from Pollock and/or hok, half a slice of processed cheese and one ounce of tartar sauce made with dill relish, and seasoning on a steamed bun. AND IT'S HEAVEN IN YOUR MOUTH!!!
So what if a cheeseburger is $1.39 and the Filet-o-Fish is $3.69? Go ahead and order a couple - your taste buds will thank you!
CONCERNS FILET FANS SHARE:
- fearing jugdement when placing an order (are my friends going to judge me because I order the fish and not the Big Mac??)
- feeling sorry for non-Filet-fans who are too scared to give it a try
- to ask for extra tarter sauce or not? that is the question.
- cheese or no cheese?
- The Filet-o-Fish was introduced by a McDonald's franchise in Cincinnati, Ohio, in response to declining sales at restaurants on Fridays, due to the Catholic practice of not eating meat on Fridays.
- that McDonald's once launched a "Fish Filet Deluxe" where the fish portion was enlarged, a whole piece of cheese was used instead of a half piece, lettuce was added, and this was all placed on a potato roll. This sandwich FAILED and was taken off the menu as customers demanded to bring back to orginial Filet-o-Fish.
- in some markets you can order Double Filet-O-Fish - two fish patties and extra cheese. MMMmmmmm....
- in November 2007, McDonalds switched from using New Zealand Hoki to Alaskan Pollock, due to declining numbers of New Zealand Hoki fishery sustainability.
- McDonalds originally used cod, before declining cod catches forced McDonalds to find sustainable fish elsewhere.
- McDonald's is trying to maintain fish only from areas certified as sustainable by the Marine Stewardship Council, but that is becoming more difficult each year.
- Each Filet-O-Fish contains: 410 calories, 20 grams of fat, 730 mg of sodium, 45 mg of cholesterol, 2 grams of fibre, 38 grams of carbs, 16 grams of protein, and 15% of your daily recommended calcium and iron intake.
The Filet-O-Fish is truly the unsung hero of the McDonald's sandwich line up. Do yourself a favour, give it a try, and you'll never turn back