The rules and guidelines are as follows:
This is a challenge for ALL members to enter, regardless of skill, technique, knowledge, or camera.
The themes have been selected to challenge us as photographers whilst ensuring we retain an interest in the competition – so none will be so technical that it will be off-putting to the casual photographer, but should keep the more experienced shooter interested.
General info :
How to submit an entry
- There are 12 rounds, each running calendar monthly.
- Only one photograph can be entered into the vote per round per member, the exception being polyptych entries.
- The closing date for entries each round will be 23:59 on the last day of the month (Or thereabouts).
- If you are happy with Critique, please add "C&C Welcome" to your entry post.
- Images will be automatically resized by the board software so you may wish to post a link to the original or larger size image.
- Photographs may include a border and post production / Photoshop work.
- Images must adhere to current site rules – so no NSFW pictures.
- The photo should be taken specifically for the competition in the month that it is entered.
- Pictures solely of another piece of art are not allowed
Each month, we will start a competition thread. To enter, simply reply to this thread with an image, as per the FAQ guidelines.
There will be a second thread where you can discuss the competition round, and the images already posted.
At the end of the round a poll will be created, where you can vote for your favourite photographs. This will be a multiple choice poll, where you may vote for as many or as few shots as you like.
Voting ends at 23:59 on the 7th of the following month (roughly 7 days voting).
Scoring: One vote = One point. It's as simple as that. The more votes you get in a round, the more points.
The entrant with the most points each round will be win “Picture of the month” and go forward to the 2011 Picture of the Year vote, where the 12 winning entries will be voted on again to choose a single Picture of the Year.
(If the monthly vote ends in a tie, the organiser (that's me) will make a casting vote based on A) which entry best meets the theme, then b) which entry has the better technical merit- and yes, I know that's subjective based on what I see in front of me).
Any single poster with more than two monthly wins will be asked to choose two of their winning shots to go into the end of year poll. For the months not chosen by that poster, the monthly runner up will be entered into the year end poll.
The entrant with the most points in the end of year poll will take the title.
As yet, there is no annual prize other than the kudos of winning, but if I can organise a prize I will do so.