Re: Did I read a stat over the weekend that...
It was according to Opta Stats.
• Wayne Rooney has lost the ball by being tackled in possession more often than any other player at the 2010 world cup finals
• Rooney also completed only 55% of his passes for England against Germany - the lowest rate in the game
• Germany scored four goals from six shots on target, while England mustered seven attempts on target
• Manuel Neuer's assist for Klose's goal was the first by a goalkeeper at the world cup since 1966 (Kavazashvili for USSR)
• The last time England conceded four goals in a world cup finals game was in 1954 v Uruguay
• Frank Lampard's free-kick onto the bar was his 37th world cup shot without scoring, more than any other player (1966-2010)